Our objective is to provide enhanced 3D solutions and products to our clients to ensure a planned and risk balanced modification or retrofit installation of equipment and piping, saving our clients time and cost
3D Laser scanning is the fastest, most accurate, and semi-automated method employed today to acquire 3D digital data for reverse engineering and retrofit/modification to as-built assets. By the use of specialized software, the point cloud data is used to create a 3D CAD model of the assets geometry or by using the point cloud directly one can optimize modifications/retrofit; fast, efficient and accurate.
The process can be visualized through web portal interfaces, enabling discussions across geographical continents, thereby easing the process of design approvals. The CAD design model can then be drawn up in Isometric 2D drawings and handed over to pre-fabrication workshops for accurate system fabrication, eliminating excess MTO’s and simplifying installation processes.
There are few limitations to 3D Laser Scanning and it can be applied to almost any asset or part thereof. A Point Cloud carries an accuracy of +/- 3-6mm and this is normally within the required range for design and fabrication. For more accurate data collection we use Electronic Surveys to create an even stronger internal accuracy and can achieve +/- 1,5 mm accuracy.
Advanced 3D laser scanning
An advanced 3D laser scanning service for mass capture of existing facilities. The data can be directly interfaced with all CAD platforms including AutoCAD, Micro-station, PDS and PDMS to allow clash verification between as-built scan data and new design.
Mapping a detailed three dimensional world in seconds
Our system can capture over 1 million points per second and can scan through 360° horizontally and vertically over a range of 0,5 - 50,00 metres to create a 3D point cloud data base of the scanned area/asset in question.
Project duration reduction
- Deliver data to the design engineers desktop
- Reduce site visits from engineers and designers to a minimum
- Generate a TRUE as-built scenario, not a theoretical
- Design and modification verification new skilled in-house multi discipline engineers - eliminating clashes
- Control potential design change orders
- Focus on cost and fabrication methodology
- Risk elimination since working in true as-built environment - planning
Construction & Install
- Fabrication should fit first time - eliminate re-work and "cut-to-fit" on site
- Fabrication/construction detailed to simplify installation procedures
- Minimize re-work and potential cost increase due to change orders
- Reduce risk with focus on reducing number of people on board during installation
- Pre planning of installation procedures, generating animations to identify hazard areas during installation
- Identifying risk and preventing potential hazards form happening
Asset Life Cycle Management
- Accurate as-built records through the appliance of 3D Scanning
- Web Portal applications allow for easy access
- Future modifications/retrofits can be done without setting foot in asset during design/construction period
- General maintenance and operations of asset can be planned and executed with ease
- HSEQ and 3rd party requirements to be distributed through the Management system.